Pin It
My Paradise in a Bubble: What a question from my little guy.......

Monday, July 21, 2014

What a question from my little guy.......

He did the xray this morning... his choice, his cooperation, all his doing which is awesome on so many levels!

and then in the car ride home... he asks me a question that stunned me!

He said "mom, will my button ever get better?"

I said, I don't know, at least with the cecostomy it is so much better than when you didn't have it.. your body is healthier, you feel better, and it helps you so much day to day

he said "well I'm still young so there is a chance it can get better, right?" Of course I said, there is always a chance...... always!

What a thought provoking question from him, what a deep emotionally driven question that in the past had always ended in behaviors... because simply "talking" about it caused him so much distress and anxiety he absolutely would flip and lose control.

But not today, and I think not with Gretchen by his side. How cool huh???

No comments :