Pin It
My Paradise in a Bubble: Thoughts everywhere!

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Thoughts everywhere!

My thoughts today:

everyone slept in- wow moment!

We watched a movie (me and the kids) together this morning- Soul Surfer

Ty struggled to "settle" and went back and forth from watching the movie to going outside to play basketball

a nice moment!

Told Ty I was taking a shower and THEN I could play soccer with him

now this is a statement that I can make and I will never get the same "reaction" from him- ever... he started in, didn't want me to shower, wanted my attention in that moment

started swinging and kicking

and than here comes Gretchen- kissing him, licking him, I gave her command to jump on couch and she and I broke his crazy thought and turned the moment around.

Phew!

Then I gave him 2 options- he can play FIFA world cup on xbox in my room (which then he can be near me since I"m in my bathroom) or he can watch a show

He chose FIFA xbox!Phew

avoided a major situation once again!

And got a call from his surgeon's office about scheduling his hospital disimpaction!

ugh, not good moment!

There has been something every week the past several weeks, that are completely out of our control, and just ARE

and keep challenging my Ty ALOT ALOT ALOT!

Can I say it really challenges ALOT!!! oh boy alot!

having a tooth pulled, being at the dentist, 4th of July events, basketball camp, xray, birthday, going out to dinner as a family

all in a really short period of time!

And now another hospital visit, next week....

So many good moments, and I'm trying to not let the definite more challenging moments, okay really difficult moments cast a shadow on these amazing good moments...... We have Gretchen and she has already helped him get through these moments that just a few months ago would have been impossible or nearly impossible to do. So, I almost feel that he'll do okay (compared to recent trips to the hospital), I really think it won't be AS BAD!

Trust me, based on the last few trips, it's not hard to be even a little better :)

We'll get through it, it's scheduled, it's set, he needs it, and the timing is a hell of a lot better than 6 1/2 months ago..... when Brian was in the hospital himself donating a kidney to his sister.... WOW that was bad timing for Ty to have such a difficult bowel impaction... so pretty much, this next time will be better, because I will have Brian with me and more energy to focus on Ty, rather than being scared out of my mind for both Ty and Brian..... this will be much easier!

Much easier!

No comments :