Pin It
My Paradise in a Bubble: Something is different

Monday, July 7, 2014

Something is different

I don't know.. something is different with him!

It's been a pleasant 5 days without major behaviors

without having something thrown at me FOR REAL...

where I am the absolute target to his frustration and he wants to knock me out

even if it's a stupid pen

he has thrown objects, but he'll throw it to the ground, he'll throw it somewhere else other than directly at me!

When he has gotten upset, especially because a transition is happening, play will be ending, it's time to go in, it's time to just move to the next moment in the day

which is so hard for him, regardless of our "timers", our transition warnings, our countdown, all the things we do to help him with the upcoming transition

it still usually gets the better of him and he inappropriately handles that frustration

but EVEN these transitions, have not been as severe as they have been in the past

and by past I mean, less than 2 weeks ago

He right now is in a more stable mood (than again he's asleep right now, maybe I shouldn't even think that until I see him awake this morning... oh he's already been up at 7..... and climbed in bed with me and back to sleep he went!

But his mood, his demeanor, his body language

all says there is a calmer presence about him, less anxious, less nervous, less fixated on a particular thing, item, or topic controlling his brain to try to bring sense to his world

and this my friends,

is a good thing!

Regulation=calmer boy=happy mom=a good day for all!

And this is still 3 days post fourth of July

and we participated

and we continue to glide

I don't know- it's just not usually like this

but I will simply enjoy and TRY not to worry

wonder

feel anxious about when it will end! I am going to have fun with this good time with him! Happy Monday!

No comments :