Pin It
My Paradise in a Bubble: It was pulled!

Thursday, July 10, 2014

It was pulled!

He went to the dentist (nervous as hell, but did it)

and they took an xray

sure enough I was right an abscess tooth!

They need to pull it

I think Brian and I looked at each other and said OH MY GOSH

not that we were really surprised, more like, holy crap how is he going to handle this?

But he did it, (again talk about frozen stiff holding in everything he had that wanted to fight like hell

but the tooth had to come out- it was a baby tooth, so now it's over!

And I"m really hoping it's a good motivator to get him to the dentist even once a year would be better than what we have been able to do the last few years

Either that or he'll never ever go again as long as he can fight

ugh.. but it's over

He only punched Brian in the ear as he got into the car and I was still taking care of insurance details so wasn't around to see that he is losing it

and stupidly opened the door next to him to see how he was and check on him and Gretchen

and yep, popped me in the face with glasses and scraped up my nose!

Damn should have expected that.. he was starting to throw punches just as soon as they pulled the tooth out- he started crying really hard

which is kind of amazing since he's not usually crying, he's more fighting

but his crying quickly led to punching (or trying, I had anticipated he would do this and so was holding him in such a way that he really couldn't get any power behind it

ugh.. what a morning- I"m so tired,

it's so fatiguing and I hated having to put him threw it,

but no choices here!

It had to be done, it's now over.... and we'll see how the rest of our day goes!

Luckily he came home and fell asleep.... and thank goodness for Gretchen!

There would have been no other way to get him there so willingly

ahhh it's over (I think I already said that, I am still reminding myself that it is over and to breathe...)

Kind of haven't taken a breath all morning in my own anxiety over this situation

and what it will do to him and therefore the after math that we usually experience!

And this was a big deal...

obviously!

But even though they used the nitrous oxide, I really don't think it had an effect on him AT ALL... and although they used novacane (the numbing stuff) nothing really seemed to be taking the effect it was supposed to, he never said his fingers and toes were tingly like the dentist said, and well, he says there is no numbness in his cheeks and she said it would take 3-4 hours to wear off... and nothing... ???

Is this another one of those "he didn't respond to it the way he was supposed to?"

God I hope not... how do you tell if he can't communicate properly ... and trust me, he never had a calm face- he was stone cold deer in the headlight OMG what are they doing to me look..... the entire time

But it's over... it's over it's over it's over it's over!

ehhhh it's over!

I rented the Lego Movie to "motivate" him for a calmer day, because he has been wanting to watch it, but we haven't .. I knew I would NEED it for motivation at some point.. today is a good day for it!

It's over..... It was pulled, it's out and it's over!! I am proud of him. Really proud of him!

And thankfully, it's over!

No comments :