Pin It
My Paradise in a Bubble: my missed post

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

my missed post

My husband mentioned to me yesterday at the end of the day that he was disappointed I had not yet blogged about my days adventure.

The day just got away from me, I had all 3 home and I was busy making pancakes for breakfast

then on to events of the day

Funny thing is it was actually a pretty good day

I don't even think Gretchen had to intervene once with a situation

which means he didn't escalate beyond my verbal correction to him

I think he played about 12 hours of basketball

and the day just slipped into the past without much to talk about.

Now that is a good thing!

However my little guy was up at 4:00ish... way too early!

I know he's excited about the 4th of July

Which is great, but we have a history of events like this

and they always end the same way every time

It's just too much, so overwhelming, whether we stay home and the neighborhood block party is happening right in front of our house

or we go to cousins house where they have a big celebration with lots of people

it's a tough one for us as his parents! Of course we want to do something fun

but not at the cost of major behavioral over reaction that ends with him getting physically aggressive

It's a dreaded day for us as his parents, a day that we sit on pins and needles waiting for the one little thing to ignite him

and I guess we'll just have to wait and see what this 4th brings our way.

But one thing for sure is I hope he will SWIM

The swimming helps him so much, and brings him to such a calmer over state

it's good on so many levels- but if he chooses not to swim - oh boy

it's going to be a very interesting day for us all..... I just don't know if he can get through this big overwhelming holiday without the balancing out the excitement with a good swimming session

Well, like everything else, we'll do our best to get him in the pool, to encourage him, to entice him, to help him,

I"m already tired thinking about it!

No comments :