Pin It
My Paradise in a Bubble: The slide, but it is just one moment

Friday, November 15, 2013

The slide, but it is just one moment

Well, I would hate to say that I could have predicted events from the past few days.... it would seem like I would always be setting a negative tone...

But ultimately I think too many changes in schedules and routines on Wednesday caught up to Ty's inability to control HIS WORLD!

And for the first time in many weeks..... I love being able to say MANY

he needed minor restraint right at bedtime- he was obviously tired, but started in with aggressive behavior and wasn't staying in control of himself....

I hate seeing him suffer this way...

I know that Wednesday was a challenge to his system, a challenge to his ability to regulate, a challenge to his world....

And yet there isn't anything we can do to prevent things like that from occurring.... IT'S CALLED LIFE

Could it have been worse, sure, and it has, a lot worse, but it's hard to realize the regression that happens, from what seems like the tiniest of things to the rest of us- but to Ty

it literally rocks his world, and not in a good way :(

So what will the next few weeks bring.... we have lots of changes in routine, school times changing for conference week, then it's Thanksgiving break, then Megan's birthday, and this is all before we hit December!

Well, I'm tired of thinking about it... or really, I don't want to think about it... I know we'll have moments,

both good and challenging

so for right now, I"m going to focus on getting things in a better place this weekend- lots of good calming activities, minimal routine changes (other then it's the weekend- )

and we'll just simply take one moment at a time- and do our best to stay calm in the meantime.......

No comments :