Pin It
My Paradise in a Bubble: I have never said this before.......

Saturday, November 2, 2013

I have never said this before.......

What a fantastic Halloween we had.

Never before have I ever said these words, ever!

He did it. He had fun. He definitely struggled, but he did it!

My little cheerleader and K-9 unit Police officer came back after trick or treating and even traded candy- without problems!

Then it continued into yesterday evening- Ty had been waiting to trade with Megan. (She was off with friends on Halloween)

I had a moment yesterday afternoon, where all three of them sat in the living room, trading candy, no complaining, no crying, no hitting,

nothing- just sitting around trading candy.

It was truly a moment that is put into my memory vault. All 3 of them sitting together (first of all this is huge in itself)

then trying to negotiate the world of candy trading- wow!!!

I'm just so proud of all three of them.

The girls are being patient with Ty, especially Megan and he's trying so hard.

He's able to try hard, he's able to deal with certain situations right now. Even disappointment with the candy trading-

I mean really the minute big sister gets in there, she likes to drive a hard bargain.

But Ty too took total advantage of Sarah- that's kind of how it goes with big brothers and sisters-

I remember!

Now we are into November- Halloween is past us- and I will smile every time I think of this years Halloween.

And if anyone ever wondered how we can possibly "live this way" closed up in our bubble....

Well, now you know. And days like this make it easy!

It brings our family together! It helps us be a family!

From only 1 1/2 years ago at the age of 7 his anger, aggression, chaotic behavior was so much that we had the realization that we might not be able to bring him home after one of the last episodes of rage. There is nothing that can make you feel worse as a parent.

But we were talking safety for everyone!

His behavior at the time was a symptom- when he has behaviors it's a symptom.

A symptom of a body that cannot get control of itself, a mind that cannot get organized- absolute dysregulation and it's like it's just spinning and spinning- out of control.

But he is still just a little boy...... he's our little boy.

And this is what his external world needs to be like so that he can be a little boy.

This makes me feel good as a parent- and honestly some days I feel like Super Mom because I know most people could not do what we do.

It's hard for sure, beyond what most people can imagine:

but at the same time- it's absolutely incredible to see the little boy that is thriving, growing, developing, and best of all

HAPPY!

No comments :