Pin It
My Paradise in a Bubble: In that moment, they were happy.......

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

In that moment, they were happy.......

After the rough start to the day, I feel confident enough at 8:45pm that we will be ending this day on a joyous note!

The day was full of smiles, and I had 3 motivated children to "clean " the house so we could maybe put up the Christmas tree early.......boy Thanksgiving is late this year!

With them highly motivated, they were also successful, so I followed through on my part to get the tree out of the shed, and move furniture around so we can put it up!

What is it about a Christmas tree, lights, ornaments, that puts everyone at least temporarily into a good mood!

And it seems to weird doing it before Thanksgiving... but as this is day 2 of holiday vacation for the kids, it's not easy keeping them occupied, especially one sweet boy!

So we broke with tradition and put up the tree today.... and to watch them each ooooh and ahhhh over the ornaments that they remember from year's past, well, let's just say it's almost a tissue moment.

I loved it, and I love watching them talk about memories, and sweet moments of Christmas years past.

It's pretty amazing, considering what most of our day to day life is like.... but for that moment..... I just was glowing with the idea that right now in this moment, my kids are happy! That's pretty awesome!

No comments :