Pin It
My Paradise in a Bubble: Just what he needed.......

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Just what he needed.......

A very fun Saturday for me and the girls.

Lunch with my mom, who we rarely see and don't even ask me the last time I had lunch with her....

maybe when I was in college- some 20 years ago or so?? A long time ago :)

Then off to little cousins 4th birthday party- which my girls think is great because they are the "big kids"....

then back to the birthday boy's house for a little playtime....

Megan laughing and giggling that all these "little kids" want her attention so bad and she's loving every minute of it.

Sarah too is one of the big kids.. which almost never happens!

She just loves playing with her sweetest baby cousin, and it seems pretty mutual! :)

We stayed longer then I planned, and it was honestly so nice to just 'go with it' because that's just not the way our life rolls... it has to be rigid and it has to be as predictable as possible... and I did check in to make sure Ty wasn't sitting and waiting for me as he many times does...... that's hard to watch.

I may only be gone for 2 hours and he is there, sitting on the front porch just waiting for me.. which means it's cause a lot of anxiety for him

But things were fine at home, and I knew based on having a glass of orange juice thrown at me this morning,

he needed a very very very calm house today-

pretty much still recovering from the changes in routine that started on Wednesday.. and wasn't going very well

so these are the times that we know, minimize the number of people in the house, minimize external stimuli in his environment, lots of very good purposeful calming activities....

this is our recipe to help him

So the girls and I were gone almost all day... which I cannot honestly tell you the last time I was out of the house for that long... probably another cousins birthday party back in the spring?

It's been awhile.... and the girls were having a ball playing with all these "little kids", being playful, silly, and just having fun!

It was nice to see them having such a great time, and I had such a fun day with them, starting with lunch!

And when we came home, we were greeted with smiles, and the transition went pretty smooth!

Yep, us being out of the house all day, he getting one on one time with daddy....

Just what he needed..... and it has led us into a pretty good Sunday.

Which hopefully starts us on the right foot for the start of this week-

which has a change in school schedule for Sarah....

But hopefully we've filled his Calm tank up to allow some depletion without too much incident!

I hope! :)

No comments :