Pin It
My Paradise in a Bubble: In the same minute......

Saturday, November 30, 2013

In the same minute......

I was just starting to post how amazing this moment we had tonight was...

How incredible it is to see all three of my kids actively engaged in one activity, having fun, smiling and laughing.

They were playing "balloon volleyball"..... you know, trying to keep the balloon in the air...

And I was a very proud mama watching this occur.... now this was about 2 hours ago..... and I thought I was in the clear to sit down, and gather my thoughts, and write about this proud moment.

And then in that same minute, my thoughts flew out the window and I had to quickly compose my energy to stop Ty from making an aggressive act......

It was calm, just before bedtime time, the girls are quietly watching a show, Ty was also watching for just a bit.... but then he started to get himself as we call it "all jacked up".....

meaning getting wild, which for him is quite a balancing act

He's a kid who gets so easily over stimulated, over excited, dysregulated that he literally cannot calm himself or his body down and things escalate into a behavior..

just as it did tonight....

So in that same minute, I sat down, then I was being threatened....

ugh... really-

and it escalated to a point that he was not coming back and needed "help" to calm down.....

I hate those moments... the one's where you realize, he's not coming down on his own... he'll carry through on his "physical threats, causing destruction"

But really, hours before it was such a nice moment. A moment that I've tucked way far back in my memory vault!!

That other moment, well, I try to put those in my delete file in the brain vault!

To say life is a roller coaster, up and down, spin around, jump through hoops, cartwheel through a grove of trees

well, that's an understatement! :)

No comments :