Pin It
My Paradise in a Bubble: 1:30AM wake up call

Sunday, November 24, 2013

1:30AM wake up call

A 1:30AM wake up call from our little guy this morning. And for some reason, I just couldn't fall back asleep.

My mind started wondering, well, actually worrying is a better way to put it.

I could hear him moving about the house, I could hear him in the kitchen, I didn't know what he was up to!

I didn't want to get up, because I knew that would break up his usual middle of the night routine. It's wake up, get food (99% of the time a bowl of instant oatmeal), watch video in front of little heater fire place thing,

about 1 to 2 hours later, go back to bed.

This is pretty much ideal..... because we've had months and months of him waking up that early, and then waking everyone else up... which is not fun!

So for him to just be awake and do his thing, well, other then us wanting him to sleep, which we have absolutely no control over, it's pretty much the next best thing.

But in my woken middle of the night brain mode, I got myself all worried for some reason. Of course it really wasn't rationale.

But at the same time it's not that far fetched from our experiences in the past, not the long ago past.

So it was hard to get back into sleep mode.

I obviously eventually did, but not a very good one... more like sleeping with one eye open- which I kind of do most of the time anyway- it's just how things are here!

No comments :