Pin It
My Paradise in a Bubble: two totally different planets....

Friday, March 21, 2014

two totally different planets....

the most ridiculous "form of communication because no way can you even call that a conversation" just occurred between Megan and Ty.

End result, Megan stomping her feet going to her room, me taking Ty's basketball away and him slamming a door!

Now in all honesty, that is almost a normal kind of response from both of them! So weird to think of it that way- but it cracks me up!

But now the pisser.... Ty standing in a completely different room than where the TV is, playing basketball, Megan walks in and he states "I'm on the TV"

She says, "no you're not"

him getting huffy puffy (literally he does that, he starts breathing really heavy through his nose, puffs up his shoulders, stiffens his entire body and his eye balls start to bulge out of his head)

She then proceeds to correct him (which she is absolutely rewarded on the instruction to "walk away" those two are not capable to ever handling a situation- trust me- been there, done that... over it... However Megan does have a better skill set, therefore we expect her to use this skill to remember to not engage him and walk away!!!!!!!!

So, I calmly (well not totally calmly I was getting really irritated) told those two to simply STOP!

Then Megan (not sure what she was thinking) came over to me, whispered in my ear (yet it was not a full whisper and so a few key words were selectively heard by the other party) - she leans over and says "will you buy me Super Mario Brothers for DS"?

Now a quick background, she got busted by Ty (because she knew she wouldn't be playing his DS game when he has clearly stated do not play my Mario Brothers DS game!

And she secretly has been playing it, thinking she's being so clever, until he starts to figure it out- calls her out- (this was a few nights ago) and she is not good at lying and trying to be deceitful!

Which isn't a bad quality, don't get me wrong.

But she was looking to me to bail her out of this situation she got herself in with her brother! She knew, he had made it very clear (that's why she was hiding it and playing only when he wasn't around)

So anyway, Ty wised up and simply went over to the pink DS and pulled out the game cartridge and surprise surprise, it's his Mario Brothers. OOps!

Yes he was mad, but he actually handled it really well (for him) and luckily she was at school when it was discovered- so when she got home from school (he had calmed down by then) he literally calmly stated to her that she is not to play with his mario brothers game without asking permission. And if you ask permission I will still say no, but you need to ask!

That's pretty clear in my book!

So, back to present moment

her whispering in my ear so that he can hear "mario brothers" and pretty much that's it, sends him into a tizzy - huffing and puffing, and literally wanting so badly to knock something down or throw something!

It is just his instinct (still) unfortunately!

And as he's trying to control himself (and for him doing a better job than his usual anger moment) I swiftly send Megan off to her room- cannot believe she really thought that was a good idea at this moment when he and she were just having a difficult moment literally seconds before!

No one ever said parenting is easy, no one ever said parenting a child with special needs is easy, no one ever said hang on for the ride of your life because if you don't you will never be able to keep up with the emotional volatile craziness that we call life!

My life, my children, and I'm ready for bed!

ps did I tell you it's Spring break next week- which means we will all be home, together, trying to figure out how to do this again, and just when we will all figure it out and we begin to have some nice togetherness, it's back to school!

How do I know this?

Because this is what happens after every single break we ever have had in the history of school breaks!!

I wish I was wrong- but I do look forward to the end of the week when we all begin to figure it out!

Those are my moments!

No comments :