Pin It
My Paradise in a Bubble: My first piece

Thursday, March 20, 2014

My first piece

This is my first official piece!

This is a rustic pub style wood table that my husband found for me.... (isn't he great)!

It used to be in a bar, and trust me was well loved with a lot of history showing all over it!!!!!

But with a solid maple tongue and groove plank boards, and solid redwood 2x4s supports... hmmm definitely potential!

Now, I did something stupid- I didn't take before photos! I know I know, everyone said I should- and I thought about it a lot, but forgot! So you'll just have to trust me when I say, it was definitely a diamond in the rough... wow!!!

But with my new sander my hubby got me for Christmas, my handy dandy putty knife (you should have seen all the gunk caked up from years of drinkers putting who knows what on it- and carvings and just lots of build up!)

It took me longer than anticipated because I didn't realize how much gunk was just stuck on it!

But ultimately- wow!

The solid maple top has a plank style with tongue and groove and I stained it in a dark walnut stain!

The rest of the table is painted using Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint (which BTW - love love love!!!) in the color Linen and distressed.

And look at it now!!!! I want to keep it so bad- it turned out so amazing!!

But hubby said, not a good precedent to start- keeping all the pieces I love to work on!!

So, I"m selling it!

But it really turned out so beautiful, I describe it as a Rustic pub style wood table- that has a vintage farm table design (look at the support legs, notches fit together like a puzzle- tongue and groove planks on the top... this is quality!!)

Dimensions are 72' x 23' x 32 1/2' and it is HEAVY!!!!

So, feeling pretty proud of this work I've done. This is what keeps me somewhat sane during my crazy days... talk about good therapy- pick up a palm sander and go!!!!

It is something I love to do and always have- re purposing old things... and making them look beautiful, unique, and well useful again!

So I"ve now posted it for sell... and we'll see if it sells! Then my hubby said I can get another piece- to re do!

One piece in and out, then another piece in and out.... I know his system... he hates having things hang around... I like to work on many things at once... I guess I"m a little ADD like that..

Wish me luck!

No comments :