Pin It
My Paradise in a Bubble: This is just the beginning

Friday, March 28, 2014

This is just the beginning

I'm not sure if I"m excited about it being Friday, end of Spring Break, where things will begin to go back to the usual routine

Or if I'm more sad because it's now Friday, last day of spring break, the week has moved on- but it's been a little tougher than I anticipated!

Tuesday was good... but it seemed to just spiral down hill from there- maybe the rain, so not being outdoors in the fresh air, being active, getting all that extra excited don't know what to do with energy out

Or just change in schedule

but definitely tougher.

And as I think more and more of what needs to be done before going to CCI, and reading through the HUGE packet of information I'm asked to read prior to going, and seeing all the challenges that Ty will experience, what our family will experience- and no longer in the privacy of our home or at the beach where we still have a private area

I am just praying that Ty can some how some way step up (as if it's a choice he has, but I"m dreaming here) and the dog, his dog, his new skilled companion dog will be such an incredible benefit to him

Because he is going to be challenged like he hasn't been in a very long time. I don't think it will be as bad as his school experiences, we'll be there to recognize when he needs a break, there will be a dog, there will be a dog, lots of dogs... did I mention, there will be dogs all around him!!

It will be hard, it will be worth it, I just hope we can all come together, get through this exciting new challenge, and then we cam come home and begin again.

But after this week of spring break, and time keeps quickly moving forward, whether we are ready for it to or not, the up and down of his mood this week, the complete breakdown turning to aggression in a blink of an eye, the constant mean words and need for attention by anyone (therefore more negative cruel words, because there is a reaction by the girls when he does that, right!) (trust me we continue to work on that- my famous words- WALK AWAY) It sounds easier than it is I guess, when you are little.

But we always promised him we would do everything we could to improve his quality of life, to help him be successful, to do what ever is necessary to achieve growth, happiness, and help him reach what his full potential is, no matter what that looks like.

And this 19 month process of ultimately being selected for him to receive a most incredible tool to help him in life, from this point forward, well, it was well worth the efforts and we're not gonna stop now!

I guess as they say, this is just the beginning!

No comments :