Pin It
My Paradise in a Bubble: Gluten Free/Dairy Free Enchiladas- yum

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Gluten Free/Dairy Free Enchiladas- yum

It really is amazing what a good day in this household brings!

Lots of smiles, lots of laughing, lots of togetherness!

And trust me, this "good day" for us is probably still considered by most so dysfunctional... which is of course- one moment, one day isn't going to change the reality we live!

But this mama was able to make dinner tonight.

A dinner that hubby had 3 servings of... and every kid in this house ATE IT!!!!

Now that's just an amazing in of itself, so you're wondering what this mama made???

Gluten/Dairy free Chicken Enchiladas... and I have never made enchiladas before, in fact, I was pretty intimidated by them.

Lots of steps, lots of prep (or so it seemed) and in reality, I don't like to cook. I think I"ve mentioned that before. But giving credit to my little Ty guy, he has certainly inspired me more in the kitchen than I ever have been. And even expanded my kitchen to include "meals" not just yummy baking treats- cookies, pies, muffins, crepes now!

So it's funny how things are and yet honestly, I think I"ve grown more as a human being, a wife, and mother more than I ever thought was even possible. And I owe that all to my son, as difficult as every day is with him, and we only truly experience moments that are joyous, happy, calm moments.

If you haven't figured out yet, every day is tough with him- and most of the day is tough with him- and we just hope we can get a glimpse of calmness momentarily sometime in the day, momentarily a time where we can actually sit, feel our shoulders relax, our anxiety that we all experience (and yes, we all experience constant anxiety- that is pretty much our own beings defending themselves from the constant chaos that is from raising our special little boy. Of course we love him dearly, we've always promised him and each other we will do everything in our power to find answers, get him the help and support necessary to help him live a happy, fulfilled, joyous true life!

What does that look like, I have no idea- but we will continue our path of doing what we can to help him, no matter what! So with that comes anxiety, naturally!

But on a day like today, it's a little less, a little bit more relaxed then it's been actually in several days.

I got to make a meal for my family- that makes me feel good. I had some nice moments with Ty today, that again makes me feel good. I watched from the distance as Ty had some independent time on his own, without causing issues for others, without needing my constant (or someone else' ) constant attention, as he usually does- this is usually because of his own super out of this world anxiety issues- this is one aspect where we are hopeful the service dog will be a tremendous benefit to him. Just one of many benefits!

So again, I made dinner for my family. I had a few moments myself today of calmness, of feeling pleased with how this day "so far" has gone. That my friends is what is called a good day in my book!

Here's the recipe:

}: Karina's Gluten-Free Sour cream Chicken enchiladas. Recipe Source: glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com http://glutenfreegoddessrecipes.blogspot.com/2013/08/karinas-gluten-free...

My elementary technology expertise is failing me at this moment- but you can check out the recipe at : glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com

No comments :