Pin It
My Paradise in a Bubble: and we keep sliding....

Monday, September 9, 2013

and we keep sliding....

I"m going to do something different today- as I can tell today is been a different kind of day for my son. Started off pretty decent... but as of this time almost 1:00pm- pretty crappy day. I've wanted to cry because I"m frustrated, but what does that do- but I"ve had to go outside, out of sight of my son 4 times already since 10:30am this morning. I've been hit, kicked, had 2 phones thrown at me, been locked out of the house (even though duh- I did bring my keys!). I've had a few other objects thrown my way... hate mornings like this. It's hard, it's frustrating- oh you wonder what set off the behavior. I had a recommendation when he had an idea- apparently he didn't like my idea... which is so many things are hard. He wanted to make ghosts and goblin decorations for Halloween and hang them up. I said, let's hang them up outside from our tree. He wanted to hang them up in the house- so then I was stupid and dumb and boom! Behavior escalated. I just retreat- I go outside, I let him chill out- I don't want to even be in sight of him. And just when you think things are calmer, boom, another crazy escalation of behavior- since the behaviorist is here with us this morning- she usually follows me when I decide it's time to get away and go outside. We wait it out- 15 sometimes 20 minutes (she keeps track, that's part of her job)... so this happened multiple times over the course of this morning- now I"m ready to go to bed. So, this is not an unusual day for us- but no less tiring. I"m going to finally eat my lunch, hope there's no more disruptions due to behaviors, and carry on with the day. Pick up my little one in an hour and 20 minutes, oldest will get her self home an hour after that, then daddy comes home an hour after that. Then our evening routine begins- and please don't let it be anything like last night.... I'm too tired.

No comments :