Pin It
My Paradise in a Bubble: A new day makes a big difference.....

Thursday, September 19, 2013

A new day makes a big difference.....

We are going on day 3 of a very secure, zipped air tight bubble world. Other arrangements made for my littlest to get to and from school. Ty and I are continuing our routine. He naps in the morning. Behaviorist comes. We build, bake, and hope the day continues to go well. It started off with the morning school transition not so well. But after daddy and Sarah left- about 10-15minutes and he was calmer- it was just a transition fit as I call them. And then our day continued. I actually built a bookcase that is made to look like it's made from old wood crates- and it's made from repurposed fence boards I acquired from a neighbor. FUN! I love doing this stuff- and Ty got involved and was coming up with his own stuff to build. He had minimal access to a few tools with my very close supervision. And very strict rules. He displays as so much a funny aggressive look, building time is over- tools away! But I knew on a day like today, he was going to be able to handle it. Two days ago- no way! These are the ups and downs and all arounds we deal with. But I know him and I don't take risks- that's stupid since I'm usually first in line towards his negative energy! But I knew everyday since Monday has been a little bit better than the day before. Little by little, baby step by baby step- you see the difference in him. Not for a full 24hours, but there are moments, the next day a few more moments. He didn't explode when a "restriction" was placed on something. His defiance is less. He's more cooperative and more engaged. His posture is different. His eyes speak differently. He is overall in a calmer state. Now I didn't say calm state. He still can be volatile- he's basically still coming down from the last two weeks now of very difficult behaviors, very aggressive behaviors, very unregulated state of his body and mind. But as we have known, we get back to what we know about him- this bubble world where he thrives, grows, and can breath and handle life- so as I said, it's zipped air tight right now. Yes it's unfortunate. It's very isolating and lonely. But so is seeing how much your son suffers and is literally crawling out of his body to try to exist- and not with much success. Our job as parents is to protect our children, provide them with an environment in which they can thrive, grow, feel safe, be loved and learn. And so the bubble continues in order to provide this for our son. It's what he NEEDS! A new day has made a difference- and it shows!

No comments :