Pin It
My Paradise in a Bubble: TGIF

Friday, September 5, 2014

TGIF

I don't really want to "re-hash" yesterdays events

it was more challenging for sure

but in the end, he went swimming (thank goodness)

and went to bed until 7:00am

Why is it the beginning of the school year is so busy, packed with back to school nights, meetings for extra curricular activities

and everything always falls in the same week- 3 nights this week were taken up by "evening meetings for me"

that's not exactly the easiest thing for my family to handle

But as they say TGIF.... and we made it to Friday

and since Ty took my money from my wallet yesterday and eloped- I know he won't be doing it today, because I have no money now for him to take in the middle of his obsessive meltdown

That's also how I know it's been a more challenging week..... it all came back to "buy me" "I want" blah blah blah

it's just where his brain goes when he feel more dysregulated and out of control-

but unfortunately he took money, hopped on his bike (thankfully he puts his helmet on) and went to the local store around the corner

I knew he was headed there, and I've now learned, if I chase him

it's going to put him more into fight or flight and cause him to become more dangerous and possibly get hurt

I know his anxiety is too great for him to go beyond the local store he knows very well

so that's in a weird way comforting

and I wait it out, here he comes, purchased a basketball and a baseball

throws them on the ground as if - he's relieved, he got that urge to buy out- and it didn't really matter what it was he purchased

and I ignore, I do not pay any attention to it, he tries and tries to get me to acknowledge what he's done

almost now seeking permission

but I do not give him that or any acknowledgment

I just pretend it didn't happen

and the entire scenario is over

we pick up little sister without too much incident (btw this is now day 4 of picking up Sarah this week.... it's something to celebrate but it's also partially responsible for the behaviors we are experiencing

I hope this weekend brings extra extra calmness and kind of re-sets his challenge monitor

otherwise I will have to start re thinking the plan of picking her up every day

I can't have him running off obviously

the behaviors we experience are indicative of his state of mind and his state of regulation and the challenges he experiences

and even something so simple as picking up little sister, day after day, may at this point just be too much

I encourage you to look back to posts one year ago- at the start of that school year

yikes it got bad... not at first, at first it seems like we are sailing

and then BOOM

Holy crap the world just exploded in our face! and boy did it get bad :(

So I am weary, don't know what it will bring weeks down the line, but today

as I said earlier TGIF TGIF TGIF!!

and I hope we can just have a calm, boring, lazy, no drama to speak of kind of friday! Cheers to that!

No comments :