Pin It
My Paradise in a Bubble: medical stuff sucks

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

medical stuff sucks

I'm just tired this week!

Yesterday in one word

SUCKED!

Nothing was right, everything was wrong, and it was all my fault!

So yesterday sucked, glad we moved past it and the sun was shining once again this morning!

And what a difference a day makes- as if my parenting, as if anything we do is different then the day before

but he was more regulated, he was happier, he was more flexible, he was just more present!

In fact, one of my nicest parts of the day was quietly eating lunch together, out in the front yard, not speaking a word, just being in the company of each other

and it was just a very nice moment.

One other really big thing was littlest had to see the GI doctor- she has her own major bowel issues, not as extreme as Ty's, but none the less when she cries in pain and agony multiple times a day while on the potty

yeah, something is up!

Sad thing is she hates the bad cramping so much, she was very willing and happy to get to see the GI doctor.

He was a new Doc for us, I liked him, we have a game plan for her

and it will provide us with more information and which direction to go next.

Trust me, pediatric GI is really tough, very misunderstood, difficult to diagnose and so much of it is simply by deduction

But we have a plan, try a new med, see what happens and proceed from there.

I'm actually quite relieved he didn't want to go in with endoscopy/colonoscopy right away- it's just really fatiguing having your children have medical issues, especially one's that sometimes have more invasive tests, needing anesthesia, meds, it's all so "medical" and tiring

especially when we deal with so much medical with Ty, and we've dealt with quite a bit of medical stuff with Megan over the years, and even Sarah- but she had a good ride, not requiring much more than some meds to keep her bowels going, some asthma treatments when she had a cold

And with our circumstances with Ty, it's not easy

In fact, today, Brian and I noticed it was me, him and Sarah

no one else- just us three.

Don't even know the last time that happened, probably when she was in the hospital when she was 1

but because I have an awesome awesome friend, who I absolutely trust can handle Ty, and he likes her and totally responds to her- she gets him

I felt completely at ease to have her watch him while we took Sarah to doctor.

How awesome of a friend is that.... her free time, figuring things out for her kids, and she's at my house for 3 hours watching over my kid

I'm so blessed to have such an awesome friend who gives me and my family so much love and support

and never ever asks for anything in return

talk about a true friendship

I do what I can to show her my appreciation

but to me it never will be enough compared to what she has done for my family!

She's the greatest!- Thank you Thank you....

So, The evening has been quiet, despite the little bit of craziness of daddy coming home early, my friend watching over him, Megan gone a lot for her rehearsals (thank goodness she is old enough to get her self places... wow it's so nice!)

Anyway, who knows what the rest of my week will bring- tomorrow is our crazy schedule wednesday- school is out early, ballet, rehearsal

and I will do my best to help him stay regulated to be present, to enjoy the day and and

maybe have a few nice moments to smile about!

No comments :