Pin It
My Paradise in a Bubble: Reading

Monday, September 1, 2014

Reading

Woke up this morning, after sort of sleeping in!

House was still quiet, what is going on was my first thought!

I heard Gretchen "kind of moaning" so I check in on Ty's room (ever so carefully as heaven forbid if he's still asleep and I wake him up= well so not good!)

I just ever so slightly push the door open just a tiny bit so that Gretchen could come out- and there he is!

Ty was laying down on his bed, on his tummy, chest propped up by his elbows

READING A BOOK!!!!

Yeah, a wow moment and quite honestly

the first time EVER!!!

He hadn't come out of his room yet, he hadn't done "his routine of watching some TV and getting something to eat immediately

his routine, his rituals drive him

but not this morning, there he was ever so quietly reading a book-

and then another great part- when he did come out maybe 8 minutes later, he told me "I was reading"

and then continued to tell me all about the top 10 baseball movies (according to the Best of all things Baseball book he was reading)

and then even asked ME if I had heard of any of them and then proceeded to tell me 1 through 10 and details of each!

WoW!

That was for sure a highlight moment!

No comments :