Pin It
My Paradise in a Bubble: A nice birthday!

Thursday, September 11, 2014

A nice birthday!

Today is September 11- it's a big day in the history of our country!

It's a day of remembrance for all those that so tragically lost their lives

And all the heroes that risked everything to help save so many people.

It's a big day, I think we all have the stories of where we were, what we were doing the minute we heard about the planes

I can replay it minute by minute in my head like a movie

and all the emotions that came with it.

September 11th is a big day for another reason- it's my birthday.

and my birthday is typically a very very difficult day for my little guy!

It's so special to him, that he simply cannot handle the excitement that comes with wanting to make it a special day for me.

Quite honestly, the last several birthdays have been one's I would much rather forget about

I had no idea how today was going to go

I did feel a little on edge, just waiting, waiting for the moment when it became too much for him to handle (however in reality the day is just like any other day, as we don't have a big celebration, and I actually didn't even get around to making a cake for myself)

But although it is my birthday, it's also Thursday, a school day, a work day, a rehearsal day, pretty much a regular day as far as "our schedule" goes!

And as my littlest pointed out

as of 5:30pm this evening- there had been no fighting

behaviors to speak of

and she was happy to point out that she always knows that's my wish.

Not much gets past this little one-

and she was so right- the day actually had been quite nice.

In fact, as of this post now at 10:00pm- (no one in bed yet)

the day happened to be one of the nicest birthdays I've had in quite a few years.

Was it anything special, no

it was simply a nice day, filled with more good moments than bad moments

and quite honestly

was just a "normal" day

and that is pretty special.

So thank you to my wonderful family for all the special birthday wishes,

and for helping be a part of a pretty good birthday overall!

Usually my birthday is a very very difficult day, full of overwhelming meltdowns out of control emotions

but not this year... and maybe this is a great turn around point for things.

Maybe not, but just maybe????

I will look back on my 42nd birthday with a smile on my face, and will remember it was the first birthday that was actually a nice one.

Who knows, maybe, just maybe it's the start of a new trend on 'special' days and holidays.

Wouldn't that be nice!

No comments :