Pin It
My Paradise in a Bubble: So many led him wrong.....It's hard to trust

Sunday, September 28, 2014

So many led him wrong.....It's hard to trust

This was my post to a blog "Autism Discussion pages"..... on school difficulties

I love reading all these discussions pages he posts because quite honestly, it gives me the validation (not that I need much, but you know I am human) that we do know our child

we do know what's best for him

we have been steered so many wrong directions for so long

and where did it get us?

Well, somewhere that is far from where he needs to be!

And it's almost as if my thoughts, which can sometimes be hard to put into writing, can be hard for me to express, has always been pushed to the side, always diminished to "helicopter mom",continuously stuffed away by others

but in reality, we continue to be on the money, on the mark, right on, however you want to describe it

we have been ########## right every time!

So, I like reading these posts, that well, they do give me the validation that I sometimes need, especially during more trying times .... we as his parents have been put into the spot light- which is the last place Brian and I are comfortable

and put our selves out there to help our son

to try and get resources, to try and get him the help he so desperately needs

and our parenting has been constantly judged, criticized, continually looked out through a microscope

which by the way- is so hard

but if it meant getting the help necessary for our son- yeah, bring it on

and we stood up, we continue to stand up, we continue to question, we continue to scream from the top of our lungs-

and nothing will stop us, nothing will force us to stop helping our son!

So, yeah, I really like this post and question us, but never ever doubt us and what we know about our son and our willingness to help him no matter what!

sorry got side tracked... so here is my response to the original post

"love this.... and quite honestly the bigger issues we now continue to deal with my son started the minute he began pre school- age 4 when we didn't know have all the information we needed to better support him, no one trusted us as his parents and ignored all of our concerns- and now 6 years later, he isn't able to attend to school, and experienced so much trauma through all the "trials" that he isn't able to attend to much outside our home environment.... I do wonder what if he had all the right supports and resources from the beginning, would it have made a difference? I don't let myself go there very often as it's just really difficult to think it could have... we do what we need to do for him now, and things are done our way, his way, period.... it's just what he needs- and we are the only one's who understand that about him- it's hard to trust after so many led him wrong!"

This was the original post I posted my comment to

When you have problems processing multiple information simultaneously, have strong sensory issues, experience difficulty with co-regulating and feeling safe with others, fear uncertainty, and have a need to control the demands around you, school can be a very chaotic, overwhelming experience. Just making through a regular school day can be very taxing. It often takes numerous accommodations and supports to make the environment safe and accepting for the child. — from Autism Discussion Pages

No comments :