Pin It
My Paradise in a Bubble: HIGHLIGHTS!!

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

HIGHLIGHTS!!

Today's Highlights:

had an "informal" school meeting regarding my little dude who yes hasn't attended school in 2 1/2 years, and yes has been marked absent every day he's missed for 2 1/2 years.... that's so far how our district has "handled" our situation.....

but it also gave us some "breathing" room to just attend to his very intense needs since that day we took him out

. Heard for the very first time -this is beyond this schools campus and capabilities

ya think???

What a difference a new person in the mix, in this case new principal, can make

and scary of how much power one person can hold over a situation despite the facts

Sorry, I digressed- anyway- yes this is indeed a situation that is by far above what the school campus is able to provide assistance with!!!

He recognized that the classroom environment isn't the "proper" placement for him!

Yes, keep going....

so actually that's where it ends, I did say it was an "informal" meeting- catch up, what's going on, next steps, etc

So, good, glad we are all at least on the same page (for the very first time in YEARS on this)

Okay, next highlight- Took Ty to get some new sneakers... and yes I was scared out of my mind....

We had 30 minutes to go in, try on, get them and go get little sister

and yes it was successful!

Yippee.... then we got Sarah from school, and more importantly got into the car, drive 1/4 mile back home and got into the house

WITH OUT INCIDENT!!!

Yippee again!

And then he went and laid down next to the TV, and is watching a movie "Little Giants" I had recorded

Ya hoo

and then another highlight- Sarah came racing out of her classroom with big eyes, big smile

"I have my first homework!!"

She is so excited to have been assigned her first home work assignment- you have just gotta love the sweet innocence, joy in simple things, and clearly her excitement because only big kids get homework- and now she has gotten homework...

That's pretty precious and who knows how long that excitement will last- but for today-

It's pretty damn awesome! All around-

and although this day isn't over, I have to say, it's one of the very first days in

literally YEARS

I almost feel......

normal!

And by that I mean simply, apart of a world outside my own home!

Pretty strange feeling-

don't care if it ends here, it's just nice to see it happen even just once

because in my mind, it does mean

PROGRESS and we are doing the right thing for him

Some good highlights!

No comments :