Pin It
My Paradise in a Bubble: Even on the hard days....

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Even on the hard days....

Well transitions certainly were pretty sucky today!

But after the first big transition of me coming home after an IEP meeting this morning

which unfortunately he woke up because the dogs were barking

I only had to leave the house for about 1 hour and walked around the block 3 times, and then it turned into a silly game at that point

where he forgot what he was doing and clearly was over whatever issue PO'd him in the first place..

oh yeah, I remember he wanted me to take him to Farmer's Kitchen to get treats

and before I could even give him an answer, he blew like a volcano

so I left- luckily this time I was dressed rather then being in my PJ's!

I'm starting to think my neighbors think I'm a bit wacko

always walking around the neighborhood, carrying my purse, sometimes in my PJS!

I'm always descent, just wearing my pajamas- which is already uncomfortable that I had to "leave" the house urgently!

But Thursday it was for four hours!

Yesterday was for 2 hours

Today only about an hour!

Now that's progress, right!!!

Plus you guessed it- back to our big fat zipped air tight bubble!

It's clearly what he needs and it's clear the little "escapes" we've done are not as easy as we anticipated

in fact, it's too challenging to him and his nervous system

He doesn't even realize what happens!

He's so not aware of what he does, how things affect him, how to communicate it, and see's no correlation between "going" somewhere and his aggressive behaviors!

But luckily I do have littlest taken care of for school pick up the rest of this week!

Just one step at a time!

Maybe I won't have to "leave" the house at all tomorrow!

Wouldn't that be nice!

On a good side note- oldest got a call back for the play she tried out for! yeah!

so proud of her- she's so happy!

And I made a really good dinner tonight-

Greek meatballs with Avocado Tzatziki Sauce and of course Gluten and Dairy free

I think my hubby's jaw dropped when I told him what we were having!

It is clearly out of character for me to first of all be cooking so much- especially so many really good meals, and so completely off the radar from our typical menu!

Chinese cuisine, Thai food, Mexican, Greek, Italian.... yeah I"m pretty rockin' and yes that is tooting my own horn!

Oh and it's all been delicious!

I have to say I don't mind cooking so much, when others eat it!

It's the complaining of the food that certainly makes it not worth my energy since I'm not big on it in the first place!

Like I"ve always said, I love to bake, I love to make sweet treats, I love to mix, blend, put into the oven!

But I certainly have expanded my skills- or actually challenged myself to learn new ones- cooking has never been " a fun thing" for me!

Anyway- tomorrow, Ty and I will hunker down once again in our tight zipped bubble!

Hopefully enjoy some more "How the Earth Was Made" documentary on Yosemite!

It is fantastic..... and I love that he is so interested in it!

oh one last toot my horn, pat myself on the back moment-

After I was out of the house, walking circles around the block- wondering how far he'll carry this episode or will he finally chill

he and I picked out of a book I had gotten from the library on building gizmo's and gadgets - and built

an electric light source... using a battery, wires, clothespin, small light bulb, cardboard..... how cool is that- unfortunately the only D batteries we could find were in a dead flashlight- and we didn't give up, we tried it

but the batteries were obviously dead.... but not only did it take time to "set up", collect the needed items to build it

but when it didn't work, he kind of started to get angry, but simply walked away with frustration and that was it... that's kind of big in my world!

Things don't go as 'PLANNED'

well, it's typically not a good situation... and today it wasn't too bad!

Maybe we'll try something else tomorrow- until we get some fresh batteries!

My kid is pretty great, and fun to be with

it's just everything is pretty hard for him and well, that sucks- but I am his champion

I will never give up, I will love him always- and I will always cheer him on!

Even on the hard days!

No comments :