Pin It
My Paradise in a Bubble: Creamy artichoke spinach chicken....

Monday, September 8, 2014

Creamy artichoke spinach chicken....

So this was the meal I made last night

This was popular at the dinner table!

It's creamy artichoke spinach chicken (of course dairy free and gluten free)over curly GF noodles

because my kids love noodles and the curly one's especially!

I actually think I almost impressed my husband with it........ :)

It was good - I will post the recipe I used, and I tweaked it a bit by adding a few things, and needing to substitute from missing ingredients... but came out delicious!

from : www.weneednotwalkalone.blogspot.com

Sarah's Low Carb Life Adventures in weight loss, healthy cooking, and beginning life with a live in boyfriend. Tuesday, August 20, 2013 Spinach and Artichoke Chicken I got the chance to cook last week and tried another new recipe from my Pinterest boards. Sakief keeps griping that I don't ever document his successes, so I'm going to try to do a better job of that, but for now, I'll stick with mine! This was a very yummy win. It's basically just chicken topped with spinach and artichoke dip. Yum! It's also really simple! Ingredients: 4 chicken breasts 1 block frozen spinach (thawed and drained) 1 13-14oz can artichoke heart quarters (drained) 2 shallots, chopped 1 clove garlic, minced 1/2 cup Greek yogurt 1/2 cup mayonaise 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella Salt/pepper to taste Preheat oven to 375. Spray or grease baking dish. Place chicken breasts in baking dishand salt and pepper each side. Bake 15 mins. While chicken is baking mix together the other ingredients. Spread over chicken and bake an additional 20-25 mins.

A few things I did different- I actually cooked it on the stove because, well I have no oven and my baking dish was too big for the toaster oven!

Okay really missing my oven right now!

But made do, and so stove top cooked it!

Being that I had to make it dairy free- I used veganaise spread (it's like mayonaise), I did not have any plain yogurt so I used a combination of dairy free cream cheese and 1/2 cup coconut milk (just trying to get the creamy)

I used 1/2 cup Dairy Mozzarella cheese (which is dairy free) and I added about 1/4 cup bacon bits just to add a little color and enhance it!

In my family- adding bacon is always a plus (but still keeping it healthy!)

Like I said, it turned out great- definitely a recipe I will do again! It will especially be yummy as the weather changes and it gets colder!

No comments :