Pin It
My Paradise in a Bubble: Purple and turquoise....

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Purple and turquoise....

So my oldest has been away for the weekend-

lucky her- off to play and have a great time with a friend and her family at their mountain cabin.

So excited she got to get away. In this time she's been gone, I made a decision to "surprise her" with her new room we have been meaning to do since we did our house addition, and now our old master bedroom is just sitting, collecting dust, toys have made their way- and my plan was to paint her walls, paint some furniture to match, and well, make it hers!

She chose purple and turquoise as her colors-and with my oh so magical creative loving furniture redo projects, I have made her a platform bed (which btw turned out so cool!)

and since we are trying to clear out "stuff" we had in the garage being stored, but now we have no garage to store things, and we want to stop paying for a storage unit, which means we have lots of cleaning out to do, donating, getting rid of, getting organized to do

and I'm lucky enough to have a beautiful cherry wood, mahogany bed frame that was I believe my Great Grandmother's, which makes it Megan's Great Great Grandmother's old bed

yeah, kind of neat- and I have the matching dresser for it as well (which will go into Sarah's soon to be room once we get Megan out of it)

So rather than this beautiful furniture sitting in storage, just being stored, I decided to paint it so it is colors she wants, but at least it's getting used now rather than just sitting away

I am so glad I did, I painted it this beautiful Coastal Breeze turquoise and then lightly distressed- keeping with the "old" theme of course, and it turned out so beautiful! Now it's a double bed frame, and like I said earlier I made her a platform bed, so how I am using the headboard is just as a single side up against the wall- to give character to the platform bed...I still have to attach it, but I can tell already, it's going to look so cool- it's a bit of old and new combined, it's a bit of color and class, and this color turquoise I found really enhances the beauty in the design of the wood- I love it- it's a great pop of color, and with her purple walls- I just hope I can get more finished today before she arrives home-

This is actually the first "room" she got to pick out colors for- the room she is in was painted before she was in it as a playroom, when she was only 2.

So it's exciting now that she is a "tween" to have a fun exciting big girl room that she helped with ! I hope she likes it!

pictures to follow soon... off to painting!

Here are some pictures:

No comments :