Pin It
My Paradise in a Bubble: Did we really end yesterday with no behaviors- on his BIRTHDAY???

Monday, June 16, 2014

Did we really end yesterday with no behaviors- on his BIRTHDAY???

What a day it was yesterday!

so much happening, so much excitement, so many expectations, so many frustrations

a whirlwind celebration

a whirlwind of emotions

I'm still wondering how my little birthday boy enjoyed his day?

For most children, birthdays are fun, exciting, and full of joy and smiles!

A typical birthday for my little guy is full of tears, behaviors, frustrations, more tears, a lot of anxiety

and not many smiles.

His 10th birthday, first birthday with Gretchen

was well, I"m not sure- it is so hard to tell- he didn't smile much

he didn't show much joy

he didn't have any major behaviors

he showed a lot of anxiety

and just seemed to be trying his hardest to get through each moment

I would even ask him, " are you having a good birthday?"

no response or he would chime in with his disappointment with his gifts (which is pretty typical- he focuses on all the things he can think of at that moment of time and those are not the things he received

It's kind of hard to explain- but he is also that kid that lists 1000 things every day (never of which are the same 1000s of things - okay a bit of exaggeration I know, but you get my point)

but he's really not easy to please, because nothing really brings him much excitement when he's in this state of just holding his world together

so hard to say, but we did get through it without behaviors, without hitting, without a meltdown- which is pretty monumental in our book!

Below are the pictures that will tell you how the day went... (minus a few from the morning because my camera battery wasn't charged- what kind of mom am I ;) so I had to use my phone- but that's not nearly as good ) anyway- here is the story of my son's 10th birthday!

Ty playing with his new remote control boat- and he stayed pretty blank face the entire time, not one smile or even cringe of a smile

but he did play with it for quite some time-

He also chose Thai Food for dinner- and he wanted to eat it Thai Style- so I set up this low table out in the front yard and we all sat on the ground eating the most delicious Thai food!

Finally got a picture of him smiling- my two special boys on this birthday and father's day!

Ty also chose to have ice cream sundae's for dessert- so I had no where to put the candles- so I quickly grabbed a pot of dirt from the garden and put the candles in

and when he blew them out- yep, dirt went flying too

I thought it was funny, he kind of not so much!

And then one more photo of daddy and Ty being silly with the whip cream for the sundae's.... who doesn't want to just squirt whip cream straight into your mouth, right!

And this was our after dessert activity- Ty got this doggie agility course set for his birthday

and so Ty wanted to have a doggie competition with our 3 dogs- and me and daddy handling Sadie and Oliver!

This kit came even with a stop watch and all the equipment to entertain your dog with agility course work!

You know Ty and dogs- this is pretty much awesome!

So we had 3 rounds EACH- and in the end

Gretchen won first place

Oliver won second place

and well, Sadie was ultimately disqualified due to biting her handler (daddy)... hahaha

well not really biting, more like nipping- so we all unanimously thought it was A. funny,

and B. reason to disqualify her!

and the last picture is the medal ceremony (yes the kit also came with first, second and third place ribbons- how cute is that!)

And even better, Ty agreed to a photo of the participants!

That was a pretty good way to end the festivities

and I know we were all exhausted at this point

so still wondering how his 10th birthday went, but for him

I think it went pretty well for the most part, even if he had a hard time expressing it

I went to sleep last night in awe realizing he had a birthday, and a Father's day, and the day ended without behaviors-

That my friends is what we call awesome and a beautiful day!

No comments :