Pin It
My Paradise in a Bubble: Emergent Curriculum

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Emergent Curriculum

I have been reading up on more "homeschooling" ideas that could even possibly be a potential interest to my Ty.

Then I found this :

I think this sum's up things pretty well!

It's from the Reggio Emilio philosophy of education- originating after WWII in Italy

It's fascinating, it's more align with the way Ty learns, and it's kind of how we've been doing things anyway with him- because, well, that's what interests him.

I hope to keep learning more and learning more ways so that I can better help Ty, and engage him in more learning activities and be excited about learning!

As I"ve said, he is not a traditional kind of learner- how can we possibly fit him into the strict public education model that doesn't allow for "his" true intelligence and interests to guide him.

and so he's labeled learning disabled

Trust me, if we listen to him and let him guide us - and then work together

Wow- my kid is so smart, and well I want to allow him to learn the way HE CAN!

Not traditional, not wrong, it's just a difference learning style! End of story!

No comments :