Pin It
My Paradise in a Bubble: We made the decision

Sunday, April 13, 2014

We made the decision

We finally followed through on our thoughts!

Our thoughts that in order for us and for Ty to get to CCI in 3 weeks (and approaching fast)

we were going to need to take a break from ABA!

He has been doing REALLY well... and I think by now for us to say this- it's true and HUGE!

I don't think I've been hit in 3 days now??

Threatened to be hit yes, but able to bring him back to reality and snap it out of him!

It's what we call a quick recovery.. anyway, 3 weeks till CCI and in order for him to be successful (even a little bit) we need to keep his WORLD as calm and consistent and predictable and minimal challenges as possible!

It's just what we have to do!

We know him, we know how this will all affect him, we know what we "can and should" do in order to help him be successful!

So, I sent the email off requesting a break until we get back- and I think it's the right choice!

It's the right choice for Ty and it's the necessary choice to help him get through a VERY VERY VERY challenging experience that CCI will be!

And in the end, he comes home with a service companion dog- and I personally cannot wait!

No comments :