Pin It
My Paradise in a Bubble: Sensory Overload by Chloe Rothschild- A must read!!!!!

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Sensory Overload by Chloe Rothschild- A must read!!!!!

Reading one of my favorite mom blogs "Diary of a mom" and once again her todays post spoke so much meaning to our lives!

I am just reposting an amazing analogy of what it is like to become sensory overloaded.

This is what drives my son 24/7 and controls his entire being more than anything else.

The more over loaded he is, the more he shuts himself into a "box"!

I just wish this was knowledge that was better understood by schools, professionals, teachers, psychologists... in our experience the OT is the only one who has completely understood this sensory overload and was able to better educate us as parents on how to help our son.

If you've ever wondered what is happening during a sensory overload.... please read this!

By Chloe Rothschild WAREHOUSE COMPARISON warehouse pic {image is a drawing of the outside of a warehouse} Imagine a warehouse around holiday time The warehouse is stacked full with boxes. Then one more truck comes and the workers have to fit the boxes in the warehouse, but there is no room. The warehouse walls collapse, because there were too many boxes. This is like what my brain does when there is too much sensory stimuli in my environment. shelves {image is a photo of warehouse shelves piled high with boxes} ** PROCESSING brain {image is a drawing of a brain} The workers got overwhelmed. There were too many boxes for them [to] process. This is similar to how [my] brain feels when there is too much information for me to process. My brain just reaches overload and I cannot take anymore stimuli. worker {image is a photo of a worker pushing a stack of boxes through an already-full warehouse} ** already full + more input = overload –> collapse. Thank you, Chloe.

No comments :