Pin It
My Paradise in a Bubble: My latest creations, I'll call them: custom tables by Jennifer!

Saturday, April 5, 2014

My latest creations, I'll call them: custom tables by Jennifer!

My busy week has concluded with me finishing two new projects! Both are pretty awesome (in my opinion)

but one particular project just rocks it! This is it!

I built this from, well nothing!

I even had to take things apart to get the lumber!

This is my 100% reclaimed lumber DIY potting table!

I built it in one day. I volunteered (in some crazy haze obviously) to re purposed a desk or a table into a potting table for Sarah's class project for the school auction!

WHAT!!!!

And although I sought out donations (people always have desks, old tables, even just an old side table to donate- or our wonderful local thrift store- so I knew a donation would be possible!)

Until I found out the auction is in like 3-4 weeks! WHAT!

So in a moment of panic and now relying on others to even start this project, I just did it!

I busted it out- cut boards, took things apart, measured, and literally just sort of built it!

And the final (in my opinion) turned out great-!

I've always wanted to make a potting table for myself, and just haven't- and I would love to keep this one-but that would be a bit wrong ;)

But I am quite proud of it- and now I"ll be motivated to make another one for myself!

So it took one day to build- next day throughout the off again on again rainy weather I was able to sand down the wood and even paint it (I used a dry brush paint distress method- so it didn't take much to make it "look distressed", plus the wood was old :)

I added hooks just today, and one last sanding with 220 grit- to make the wood feel silky smooth!

Next stop, Sarah's school for little hands to decorate the bench!

It is a class project, so my idea was to have each kid paint a hand print on the apron of the table and that will be the flower and then we'll paint a stem on each.

Then we will "outfit it" with necessary gardening tools- shovels, seeds, garden gloves, dirt... make it a ready to go authentic potting table!

Not bad for a mama who can't leave the house Monday through Friday.... and I just love when I can literally create something like that, out of well- nothing!

100% DIY reclaimed- all scraps turned into a beautiful piece of furniture (cause really, it can be used inside as well- )!

Here is a picture of it before painting- you can see all the mismatched boards, some were painted, some were pretty damaged (but I was able to salvage by cutting the bad ends off, esp on the fence boards!

Oh and the second of my two projects, still cool, just not nearly as "wow!

A free to me bar table- that was in, well, not the greatest shape- not horrible, but certainly needed some TLC!

And first thing I thought of when I got it was my sister in law- who already has the perfect bar stools to go with it- and she has quite the party backyard, pool, etc.. so a bar is definitely right at home!

So this was a project intended to be given to her- and again I really like how it turned out! I hope she likes it too!

No comments :