Pin It
My Paradise in a Bubble: A break week.

Friday, April 4, 2014

A break week.

This has been a week!

A week of fun, a week of smiles, a week of joy, a week of laughter!

This has been a week that we have not had in a very long time- honestly I think the last time was around Christmas time!

This has been a good week, full of engagement, full of surprises, full of good times!

I like weeks like this- what has been so different?

I don't really want to pinpoint it to one thing, but the one thing I do know is HOW we challenge him

How we approach him, how we engage him,

and we haven't had any behaviorists in the house this week (remember we all had colds, sort of, tail end, still sniffly, coughing so you know- kind of how it was this week- that's my story!)

And as great as our behaviorists can be, and helpful at times, ABA is hard, ABA is a major challenge to him, having people outside our home come in every single day and REQUIRE his engagement and REQUIRE challenges (as simple as it is to you and me, it's not easy for him- trust me!!!)

So, it was a break week, that's what we'll call it! A break week, that rejuvenated us all!

Brought some very happy times that are important as well- he's been very happy this week!

That is definitely worth the break!

Has everything been easy- NEVER!

But we don't expect easy- but it is nice to have more happy moments than difficult behavioral ones!

Has he had any behaviors- of course- I had shoes thrown at me this morning at 8:15AM while making my coffee!

Now that just sucks to start the day that way- but after he fell asleep (within the next 10 minutes after that behavior), he woke up and came right up to me and apologized!

That's just awesome!

So I absolutely have enjoyed this break week and it's nice to see my little boy laugh so much and literally glow a bit with glee!

No comments :