Pin It
My Paradise in a Bubble: He did it!

Monday, April 14, 2014

He did it!

The break out was at least successful in that I got my first grader home!

We did bring both dogs, he played on the ipad (temporarily until after about 3 minutes, he mentions to me he's bored.

Of course, right!

The only glitch in the afternoon was he got a bit obsessed with something and it stressed him out and ultimately got mad at me (of course) and did hit my arm hard and then locked me out of the house.

Now, I knew both girls were in the house, and there is a hidden key- wasn't too worried- he wasn't that angry and I didn't think he was going to be destructive.

So, I rode the wave by tending to my garden.

And as far as our evening, I believe this might have been the easiest transition for him onto the potty in a very long time, and right before "potty time" my sweet little boy disappeared, told us to not come in and no peeking (so we know he's up to something- ) and he then proceeds into the living room to show us his wonderful drawings!

I swear art is so therapeutic!

He drew a car driving through the giant Redwood tree in Northern California (no he's never been there, but some how among our wonderful conversations it got brought up several days ago, and I was explaining to him how large the trunk is-

then he drew an orange tree with roots, an apple tree with roots and then ......

my favorite- he drew portraits of daddy, himself, mommy, Megan and Sarah- all individual portraits- but yeah- that's just awesome!

So, I am proud of my little guy- I"m proud that he did so well this evening- because in reality- we know what we did this afternoon

getting in the car, driving a little bit (about 3 minutes) and waiting for a few more minutes, then driving back home- well

it's not that simple for him and it's something that I know challenged him to his core!

But he did it!

No comments :