Pin It
My Paradise in a Bubble: We are strong!

Friday, December 27, 2013

We are strong!

Ten days.... not that I'm counting or anything. But seems like everyone I know keeps asking "how can we help during this time?"

Simply put, I have no idea. I just have no idea how little guy will handle all that will go on

everything he knows and thrives for with his routine

will change in ten days- when daddy goes in for surgery!

From sleeping, to playtime the way daddy plays (I play football and other sports, but do I play exactly like daddy- of course not- I'm not daddy- I'm mommy!

And it's only referring to two different people who play because they are two different people

That's a tough change for him. He tends to like to do some things with me, and other things with Brian- just for this reason.

But I do wonder, how will this affect him? How will this affect our entire family? And the reality is - it's incredible that Brian has this opportunity to help his sister.

A decision like this is without complete hesitation, without thinking about it, it's just an absolute YES-

He has the opportunity to help his sister like no one else in this world... to help her feel better, to get back to being a wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend

How amazing is that!

And how to help, I'm not even sure others will be able to help in the way they think.... groceries, yep that's helpful, errands, definitely, meals... of course- but we also understand how difficult some think it is to cook GF and DF... but still helpful

and as far as our household goes, we are going to do the best to minimize other changes, transitions, we are going to do our best to get through the healing days, to remember to breathe when things get rough, and to know bad moments happen, but so do good moments

When I let me fear take over as to what if........

I'm reminding myself, the stuff that I fear, will pass... and we will experience a good moment again.

I do not want to send out negative signals to the kids- we will all need to rely on each other and I know my family is strong. Boy are we strong!

No comments :