Pin It
My Paradise in a Bubble: My little violinist.......

Thursday, December 12, 2013

My little violinist.......

I got out! woo hoo..... My oldest, my violinist, had her very first Jr. High Orchestra Winter Concert!

And let me tell you, this was no ordinary Jr. High Concert!

My Jr. High Orchestra certainly didn't sound half as good as this group of kids!

They were amazing- it was the most beautiful, joyful Concert! So enjoyable to listen to

This group is truly talented... and I"m so proud that my little Meggie was a part of it! So proud of her and how hard she has worked this year- it's hard to believe it's only been 3 months since the start of school.... and WOW....!

It was so wonderful to be out, participating with my Jr. Higher- seeing her smile, her cousins, Aunts and Uncles came to listen... and although she told me she didn't want me to invite anyone..... I know secretly she was so glad they were there.... she is proud to be apart of this amazing Orchestra!

And gosh she looked so grown up in her Concert Attire.... really my little girl is just growing up so fast.... and one of the best parts...

She and I "hanging" out eating sweet treats after the concert just the two of us to celebrate! That was precious!

I'm just so proud of her... things aren't easy in our household, and it's even harder to understand it when you are an emotional, hormonal, twelve year old... when all things are not fair.. but in our case...

Yeah, I know... she doesn't get to ever have both her parents at an event... it's one or the other.... we don't get to do fun exciting things as a family.... sure lots of one on one time which is how we divide and conquer as we say...

but (as I"m always reminded) she never gets to have friends over, never a sleep over...... these are events that are simply just too difficult with our circumstances...... but what she doesn't always realize is it may not be black and white with these types of things.. but we're creative, she's really not that deprived of fun times.... it's just different than what she thinks is "normal".... despite our efforts to explain to her - there is no "normal"... normal is what we make up in our minds.... because all families have their own "normal" and it never ever looks the same from one family to another... and in reality- everyone has struggles... that's just life.. some more than others, some much much worse....

I'll tell you, the one thing I hope my children grow up to realize is compassion is essential to happiness, and happiness comes only from within oneself.... it's not external- no one thing or one person can create or take away one's happiness!

And happiness stems from finding joy in little things, in love, feeling loved, in our special moments, not in expectations... expectations can only ruin one's true happiness..... It's taken me decades to realize that.. and living a world that was completely different then what "we expected" when we began our family... but that's just it.. we had an expectation... we grew up a certain way... that's what we knew...... But it really is a gift to know and feel happy- true happiness!

And I"m not saying our life is easy- one bit... but if I sat and sulked about it all the time, what example am I showing my kids... not a very good one!

I"ve had to transform my way of thinking about things... and I think I have have happy kids because of it! (at least I hope so...)

And kids who are compassionate, loving, and can see the "bigger" picture of life... it does start young!! I'm proud of them... and I"m proud of our family..... like I said, it's not easy- not even close... but "our team" is taking the lead in this crazy race.... but we're in no hurry, and we definitely stop to smell the roses, the lavender, and look at the butterflies along our journey!

ps As I was typing this... my little boy wrote a Christmas Story... how adorable.. it's about a little boy named Ty and he couldn't sleep on Christmas- and he got out of bed and saw Santa Claus... but Santa Claus used his magic Christmas dust and sprinkled it over Ty to help him go back to sleep... ! Wow... love his creativity and imagination... and best of all...

He was writing it - all by himself.... this is my kid! Love him.....

No comments :