Pin It
My Paradise in a Bubble: Fascinating sleep story........

Friday, December 6, 2013

Fascinating sleep story........

Sleep is a funny thing...... my husband just told me something that I find so fascinating!

So when Ty is fast asleep, and Brian has to "clear his throat" you know, that big loud umm hummm noise that so many men make..

well anyway, it happens in our house A LOT.... lots of throat clearers in this household

so Brian was telling me that when he does that in the middle of the night, Ty actually closes his ears with his hands aka puts on his hand helmetand grimmaces his face when he's asleep

Now how does this happen?

I swear the Autism neurological brain is so fascinating and odd at times!

How does he know a noise is being made?

How is he conscious enough to think to cover his ears?

Now I understand when he's awake.. that I get... that we see all the time, that is survival to him.... how the heck does he do it in his sleep?

I guess sleep is a funny thing to the autism brain....

I guess I"ve always known that.... between no sleep, odd sleep, crashing sleep, sleep that can occur at any minute and any where, even on a 2 foot wide bench curled into a ball... .and he doesn't fall off!

How?????

But one thing I've learned is there is no way I can rationalize or completely comprehend, understand, fully make sense of the Autism brain...

I get some things, but others

no way! But acceptance doesn't mean anything except, accepting! That I understand! With my whole heart and spirit!

No comments :