Pin It
My Paradise in a Bubble: what a long day it was......

Saturday, October 4, 2014

what a long day it was......

I know it's been a few days since I last posted, and well

the last few days have been quite the hell over here!

Ty just has been so extremely difficult, so extremely dysregulated, so extremely everything!

Outburst after outburst after outburst

Brian had to come home yesterday after I had been already out of the house since 8:45 (due to his behaviors)

me escaping is the best

but just couldn't get him calm

Those days are hard, those days just make a parent feel so helpless!

He had a psychiatrist appt in the morning, which we don't tell him about until that morning, he has been seeing her since he was 5

and hasn't seen her since July

no big deal, just update, plus we had medication questions, and well it's just time for her and us to check in

and mind you we had to do virtual appt because we couldn't get him to go for about 2 years-

anyway- yeah you guessed it, he refused ... I of course offered the motivation aka reinforcer of getting french fries after the appt

quite appropriate, it's a highly sought item, and some thing to motivate him

and well - no.. that was not what HE WANTED

I had just sent him back into a major OCD compulsion of "buy me a toy"

and he's now spiraling and obsessed

and it really just means he's not handling the news of having to go see the psychiatrist (we don't call her a doctor, because well that sends him immediately into PTSD)

and yeah, behavior, aggression, verbal insult, throwing.. everything

everything occurred!

And after HOURS of this and me being outside the house, and I hadn't even been able to make my coffee

my dearest BFF friend in the entire world drove by my house just to "check in and make sure I wasn't locked out of my house because she knows my situation and says she does this regularly just to make sure I don't need something and how amazing is that- how awesome to have a friend that cares so much that she simply knows I very well may be locked out of my house at any given time and just drives by to check in on me

and yep, she found me walking around the neighborhood and yep she went and got me a coffee, and yep kindly got Ty and smoothie

and well, that was exactly what I needed in this moment of quite honestly depression and not anger, but so extremely frustrated at this situation

but of course nothing smoothed thing over for my little guy, it continued on for several more hours, and that's when I ultimately had to call Brian to come and help.. I didn't know what to do! When he's like this, it usually takes 2 of us to help him

Long long story short

Brian by 1 went back to work, Sarah came home from school, (again thanks to my dearest friend for picking her up)

Megan came home, Ty and Sarah actually played a bit together (making potions)

and well, the day continued on as usual

putting the earlier events to rest and in the past

Because well, that's just how it is in this crazy world of our life!

And I"m sure it will be a "to be continued" story as it always is

that's just the ups and downs of living with Autism (and OCD and ADHD, and PTSD, and medical problems, and mood disorder.... yeah- ups and downs is the one thing that we can count on!

No comments :