Pin It
My Paradise in a Bubble: It's a start.....

Saturday, October 25, 2014

It's a start.....

What a week!

We start off this weekend with RAIN

my boy waking me up at 7:30am politely asking if we can make pancakes for daddy

and before we could eat them - he's back asleep!

This is the first morning he has taken a nap in well over a week!

Lately it's been an afternoon event

I swear just when you think you understand and he switches things up on you ;)

But another switch was how he woke up this morning

my dreaded saturday, which is tough because it's different then Monday thru Friday, everyone is home, daddy is home, everything is different

therefore behaviors, and everything being a struggle...... but today

Ty has decided to switch it up on us and well, things were definitely calmer for him

despite it being a saturday!

That is a good change up!

On Wednesday we increased the dose of his Memantine, he wasn't appearing to have any side effects and the low low dose just didn't seem to be doing anything- so psychiatrist said go ahead and double it to 7mg

(which is great because I' m no longer having to split a capsule!

That is not easy

It's been 4 days.... on a scale of 1 to 5... one being a really really hard day and 5 being a really really good day

day one was a 2, day 3 was a 3 and day four

I would say a 3.5.....

so moving in a good direction

maybe the med is working? It's always so hard to say

If we see a continued increase in good days, then maybe

just maybe?? the Memantine is having a positive effect!

I hope so, but we've also been down this road before... esp when meds are proven to be effective, but in my boy

it's different, esp the side effects.. he simply cannot tolerate so many

but when brain chemistry is OFF

no therapies in the world can help until you get that under control, that is the challenge!

But maybe it will be different this time, maybe even just a little bit??

again don't like to put my hopes on the line

as we try and continue to do the very best we can for him

and we'll never stop

but the past few weeks I'll admit

has been purely EXHAUSTING!!!

and stressful, and simply really really hard

and I can't even imagine what they must have been like for him

I"m sure about 1000 times worse for him

and as frustrating as it is for us, can you imagine how frustrating everything must have been for him

so, we the rain has come down

and now the sun is shining

we are starting off this weekend in a very nice way

don't know if it will continue, but at least it's a start!

No comments :