Pin It
My Paradise in a Bubble: Moments remind me of a song by Paul Simon

Friday, June 17, 2016

Moments remind me of a song by Paul Simon

Ty and little one shared a nice moment yesterday.

It can be so hard somedays, especially for her. I could tell he desperately wanted to engage and play with her.

But he often goes about it the wrong way.

She was simply swinging- letting her mind float with her. And he comes like a hurricane purposely walking in her swinging path (which isn't much- so yeah, a bit intentional on his part).

And then it was him expressing and complaining that SHE is in his way.

This sort of song and dance went on for a bit... I intervened gently reminding him about playing elsewhere while she is swinging.

I knew in my mind he just wanted to play with her. But this is how it frequently goes. I would put the words out there asking him if he "wants to play with Sarah?"

But at this point- Sarah was quick to say she doesn't want to play- after all he is bothering her, not letting her swing, and purposely bugging her- why would she want to play with him?

I'm proud of her for learning how to stick up for herself. This has been a long road. She is so loving and wants to help him ALL THE TIME- but it's important for her to stand her ground so he realizes his behavior has consequences (natural child's play, you are not nice, I don't want to play with you)

Anyway- After about 15 minutes or so, Sarah decided to use her chalk to make a hop scotch game. So simple and so fun.

She is enjoying playing hop scotch all by herself. And in the corner of my eye, I notice something.

Ty drawing his own hop scotch game. And in time, they switch to use the others game, and simply engage in a happy gentle fun way.

So, that was nice.

These types of moments remind me of a song- one of my favorites by Paul Simon

"The Boy in the Bubble"-

........These are the days of miracle and wonder

As I just looked up the name of the song, because I knew the lyrics but not the name of the song- wow- another moment.

The name of the song is "The Boy in the Bubble?"...... wow- this describes my boy. The name of my blog is My Paradise in a Bubble.

The bubble is the gentle environment he so needs to exist- and everything outside of it causes chaos and overwhelms his existence. His security and happiness is only found within this bubble world. I have always described it as him being allergic to the "outside world".... it truly makes him sick

Okay- totally didn't see that one coming. Wow!!! The song I've been singing in my head repeatedly- thinking of just enjoying the days, even the hard one's and finding the happy moment within that day....
The miracles and wonder..... because they do exist- even for my boy who is like "The Boy in the Bubble"

The moment yesterday- Sarah and Ty playing hop scotch! That's a miracle and wonder---------------

No comments :