Pin It
My Paradise in a Bubble: Last week- oh boy!

Monday, June 6, 2016

Last week- oh boy!

It's the girls last week of school and can already tell my boy is struggling to handle all the upcoming routine changes and "exciting" events (aka his birthday)!

When he "flips" (this is a gentle term for what really happens) out over the wrong bread (and yes it was different bread because our wonderful local store that makes GF sandwiches was out of the "typical" bread and we found a very similar substitute- there was no way I was coming home with nothing after he was expecting a sandwich)....... but the wrong bread proved to be TOO much for him and out the window he goes!! Literally! :(

Because sometimes it is all just too much! This is Autism.

I have to admit my own anxiety over this week and next. These are huge events that can seriously wreck havoc on our son. It's the kind of changes that no matter what we do can send him spiraling down. And after last summer- I'm scared!

When we look back to what we could have done differently to help him last summer- we come up with nothing. Nothing different would have helped him. We DID everything we knew to help him- and it failed. It was just a situation that was too much for all of us. And that is scary as we are heading right into the same period of time that can just simply be too overwhelming.

The only good thing so far is that last year it was a hospitalization that seemed to "trigger" it more than anything!

I just pray his bowels are holding strong since it's now been over 1 year, in fact it's been 13 months. But I also know what it can mean.

But I will stay strong and do my best to maintain a sense of calmness and support through these more difficult days. It's all I can do.

No comments :