Pin It
My Paradise in a Bubble: The next chapter in our lives

Monday, May 19, 2014

The next chapter in our lives

There is so much to tell from our experience at Canine Companions for Independence.

It would be quite overwhelming to put it all into words right now. So I think the photos I have selected can tell the story better. But I can say is it was the absolutely most amazing experience- I have never seen my family so close, engaged, happy and smiley!

It was wonderful and gives me hope that this next chapter is going to be better for Ty and for our family- now that we have Gretchen! She is a Lab/Golden Cross female, 2 1/2 yo, 54 lbs and is the greatest dog!

We learned about 40-50 commands over the last two weeks- she already knew them and was well trained.

This training was for us. We learned so much and had a great time as well. Met some of the most amazing and most inspiring families, people young and old of all different abilities.

It was one of the most happiest times for my family.

We are so thankful we got to have this experience, and now as we are back home, settling in with our new Gretchy, Ty and I have been taking walks daily with her.

He's so motivated and so comforted by her.

Are days still hard?

Well, day one being back was a pretty rough transition... but day two was a little bit better, and so I'm hopeful that we are settling in well and this helps Ty so much.

We are creating a new routine, and getting back to a scheduled kind of day....

so here are the pictures I promised. Enjoy!

No comments :