Pin It
My Paradise in a Bubble: I know I know, baby steps!

Friday, May 30, 2014

I know I know, baby steps!

Please let me just go to bed!!!!

An up and down kind of day-

full of "good" moments and "more challenging" moments

He, Gretchen and I went to local just around the corner park and lucky us the tennis courts were open which means.....

Off leash play with Gretchen!

We had so much fun, she had so much fun- and after a short visit, Ty wanted to go home.

I guess I need to remember (as excited as I am about getting out of the house more, and how simple going to the park may seem)

the reality is it isn't for Ty.

Clearly it isn't, because after maybe 15 minutes, he wanted out!

But it is an accomplishment- may not seem that way to the average on looker

but it absolutely is- he is a kid who up until a few weeks ago-

absolutely refused to do something like this

was so uncomfortable out side our home environment, it had too many challenges and unknowns, it attacks his senses like none of us completely understand- and that nothing was motivating enough for him to take on the experience

So, I know it was a big deal, it was 15 minutes of fun for me, but I know it had to have meant something completely different to him.

Back to remembering baby steps- baby steps baby steps baby steps!

celebrating the little things, celebrating the progress that I know is happening every minute since we've had Gretchen!

This is what happened to both he and Gretchen when we came back from this excursion to the park....

Clearly it wiped them both out!

No comments :