Pin It
My Paradise in a Bubble: Here's a look at my story.........

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Here's a look at my story.........

I am a wife, a mom to 3 children- ages 11 1/2, 9 and 6. I do not work outside the house, as my son who has Autism, PTSD, ADHD, Bowel motility disorder with cecostomy is not able to function outside our home environment. I mean literally has no coping skills, no ability to self regulate and lives in fight or flight. As you can imagine this causes a lot of disruption, chaos and absolute craziness at times. When he was little, we could "make him" go by strapping him into a stroller, buckling him into a car seat and yes, we did have a lot of screaming fits. Well, we've begun to understand the full depth of his issues, both medically and psychologically. Now at 9, he no longer rides in a stroller, can unbuckle himself from seatbelts. And my scariest moments- him running- literally just running away like a scared deer just bolting! This makes for a very interesting life to say the least. We have behaviorists in our home every day working with him, he's seen a psychiatrist since he was 5- oh yeah, the reason for our first visit with her- "HE WOULDN'T LEAVE THE HOUSE"! No joke. So now 4 years later, well he's a lot bigger and stronger so this makes things way more challenging. This makes life as most of us know it difficult, interesting, and pretty much everyday a whirlwind. I have yet to meet another family in a situation like ours- So this is my story- and our family's journey to help their child who suffers so much from the external environment- all the while raising 2 daughters and trying to have them exist in a world outside our home.

No comments :