Pin It
My Paradise in a Bubble: Certificate of Completion………adding to my knowledge

Friday, March 31, 2023

Certificate of Completion………adding to my knowledge

 




I continue to dig deeper to gain more knowledge that helps me make sense of our own lived experiences raising autistic, neurodivergent and medically complex kids who have their own unique needs and trauma that are not included or taught in many educational programs, or textbooks. 


So much of what continues to be taught is outdated and is focused on the wrong things.   


Kids need support and their unique needs met.  Not to be controlled, coerced or fixed”.  

They need help with their problems, not punished for having problems.


My lived experiences has given me the passion to want to support families and individuals that so often others don’t understand, misunderstand and do not know how to best support them.  


The lenses that many use when they see our kids with neuro differences is based on neurotypical norms, societal norms “because that’s how things have always been done” thinking with no understanding that they experience and process the world differently.  


It is how they are biologically wired. 

It’s their neurology and something to appreciate not punish because they have a different way of being on this planet.   


I have continued to gain more knowledge in areas of brain science, human physiology, attachment, and relationships.  As well as the laws in place to protect our kids and families especially while in school- IEPs, disabilities rights, IDEA, 504 accommodations 


All have been foundational to providing the right supports for my own family and now for the families and caregivers I work with.    


Want to learn more, check out my website


I offer numerous free resources and useful information that is founded in science, is neuroaffirming, and understands the importance of a holistic and relational mindset when supporting kids. 


I believe when parents/caregivers feel empowered and supported with the right tools that meet their child’s unique needs, this is when everyone’s nervous systems begin to feel connected and safe to experience more joy and balance.  This is what promotes growth and well being for everyone.  


I also offer free 30 minute consultations if you are curious as to how I may be able to support you and your child.


Our kids are whole beings; mind, body and brain and we must consider this as well as their experiences and individual differences when supporting them.  


It’s never doing to, but rather working with approaches when we begin to see the growth and joy our kids deserve.  


https://www.crowsnestadvocacy.com/

No comments :